Taylor Swift Red Carpet Look!
Hey!! One night I was browsing online and this picture came up. I thought it was beautiful so I decided to do a tutorial. Now, she has different skin than I and a different eye shape and color, so of course this look will appear different on me! The flash on my camera does wash out some of the color, so I do not appear as "sun-kissed and golden" as Taylor. Also, I didn't use false lashes like her! BUT the makeup is almost identical in real life...I promise! If you follow these steps you can create a similar face to Taylor's red carpet look. Enjoy!
SO! Taylor is known to wear heavy eye makeup and a bright red lip. She is sporting a warm honey brown smokey eye with thick black liner and prominent lashes. Her face is illuminated and she has a rosy bronze contour on her face. Signature red lips are sported with a berry gloss.
1. I put MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot ONLY onto my lid. I am using this as a base! Then, I took a MAC 239 brush and applied Stila's "Chloe" Eyeshadow from the It Girl palette all over my lid. Taylor is wearing yellow lids and golden inner corners so I thought this combo would be perfect.
2. Then I used a pencil brush and put Espresso from Bobbi Brown on my outer corner only. I blended it in circular motions.
4. I applied NYX jumbo pencil in "Milk" under my brow and in my inner corner.
3. To define my crease with a warmer color, I used Urban Decay's "Buck" Eyeshadow. I also brought that onto my lower lash line.
4. For eyeliner, Taylor is wearing a warm brown on her waterline and a signature black thick-winged eyeliner on her upper lash line. I applied NYX pencil in "Brown" on my waterline and Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner in black. I did an extremely thick line and dramatic wing. Make sure to bring the liner all the way into your inner corner waterline area!
5. Curl your lashes! Apply a curling and volumizing mascara. I used Maybelline's One by One.
1. Apply a primer. I used Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.
2. Taylor has a very flawless face. To achieve this use a full coverage foundation. I applied it with my fingers to melt it into my complexion to seem natural. Then I took a concealer and concealed any problem areas and my dark circles.
3. Taylor has a very rosy bronze glow. On the hollows of my cheeks I mixed my NYC Color Wheel in "Bronze" with my ELF blush in "Glow" and applied it to the hollows of my cheeks!
4. To give a little more illumination, I dabbed a little bit of Stila's "Lillium" on the apples of my cheeks.
4. Then I took the same NYX pencil that I used as my highlight on my eyes and highlighted my cheekbones lightly! Make sure to blend!!!
This lip is darker in person!
1. Taylor is wearing a bright red lip. I used Clinique's Lipstick in "Angel Red."
2. To give more definition and the sweetheart shape to my upper lip, I lined them with a Stila lipliner.
3. I then used Sephora's Super Shimmer Lip Gloss in "Bronzed Beauty" to darken it up.
Thanks so much for reading! Try this look out and tell me how it worked out! Thanks for reading guys. Please follow! Love ya :)