Pages

7.09.2011

My Summer Reads!

Hey guys! So I promise this will make sense as you keep reading...

I haven't been to a pool or beach once this summer! My absolute favorite activity in the summer is to swim in a hotel pool (has to be in a hotel only haha!) and then jump out, bundle myself in a towel, and read any story by Sarah Dessen or anything along those lines while drinking a hotel fruit or cookies and cream smoothie. Excuse my terrible sentence construction as well as my cheesy whining. But unfortunately I have not gotten to experience that feeling this summer! I've been annoyingly battling bronchitis and fatigue for quite a while now, so I decided to cheer myself up by reading a love story. I LOVE to read fiction. I prefer light love stories, but I do not mind heavy mysteries like "The Hunger Games" (which is awesome by the way.) On another note, I just finished "The Summer I Turned Pretty" by Jenny Han. I liked it, but didn't LOVE IT. I definitely wanted to read more and find out what happens in the future, but I was quite bothered with a lot of parts of the book. First of all, I was obsessed with Jeremiah and did not want her to end up with Conrad. Sorry if I spoiled the ending! Belly was slightly selfish, and I wished she and Cam's relationship would have ended sooner so that she could have actually built a relationship with Conrad or preferably, Jeremiah. I will read the second book, but I just wanted to get my opinion out there to see if anybody agreed!

NOW onto the post! Down below I have listed the books that I plan to read this summer as well as some all time favorites that I wish to share with you! This is not beauty related whatsoever, but it is a great option to stick in your beach bag if you do not crave freezing salty water or a magazine to entertain you!

If you are looking for a book that will fill you with happiness and slight envy of characters, check these books out! At the end of each of these stories, I have sighed with pity wishing I was in the main characters position. I love each of these stories as a quick read. 

LOVE


Mystery/Action/Adventure
This is if you are looking for a heavier read. "Burned" is a love story but it is a lot deeper and more meaningful. I LOVED every single one of these books so go read them! All of the books besides "The Lovely Bones" is a series of some sort. 






No Specific Category?

Partly love, family, friends category I guess. When I see these books I view them on their own. These are in between heavy to light. I love the authors and books and you should definitely check them out!


Thanks for reading! There are plenty more I could recommend, but I have the worst memory so I couldn't remember each book that I liked. All of these books were phenomenal though, and you won't be disappointed! Comment below if you have read any of these and what you think! Please please please follow! I really hope I reach 40 followers! Thanks so much for your support! Look forward to more beauty post as the summer rolls on.  xoxox 

(Sorry for the scatter brained intro as well...)

No comments:

Post a Comment