Pages

5.04.2011

Skin Care Routine: Dry to Normal Skin

DISCLAIMER: GUYS I AM SORRY THE FORMATTING OF THIS POST WILL NOT SHOW UP CORRECTLY. IT POSTS DIFFERENTLY THAN I CREATED IT. MY BAD. Anyways, these products may not work for your skin, so please do not turn on me if these products are not successful for your skin! IF YOU ARE A COMPANY WANTING TO CONTACT ME, EMAIL ME AT dreamingofbeautyx@gmail.com. Thanks!

Hey everyone! In this post, I am telling you what is in my skin care routine. I have pretty normal skin overall. It does dry in the winter, so I make sure to put moisturizer on everyday! Occasionally, my skin breaks out just like anyone else. The products listed below are the ones I use everyday (except the face brush). Also, please let me know if you want me to post recommendations/reviews for products relating to different types of skin (ex: oily, dry, etc.) Thanks!
Makeup Remover


Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
Net Weight: 3.8 FL OZ
Company: Neutrogena
Where to buy: Any drugstore!!
Link: Target
Price: $5-$7







This makeup remover is great! I use it every single
day. Since I do not wear any heavy face makeup, I thought it would only be necessary to purchase a eye makeup remover. It does remove eyeshadow very well, and with a little more pressure, all my eyeliner and mascara is taken off. Even though it's oil free, there is an oily residue. I use cotton square pads for a gentle removal. It is really important to tug gently around your eye area because if the skin is stressed too much there will be permanent damage!







Daily Cleanser/ Face Wash
Precision Chanel Mousse Douceur
Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser, Balance + Anti Pollution
Net Weight: 5 FL OZ
Company: Chanel
Where to buy: Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Chanel
Price: $45.00

The formula of this wash is very creamy. It foams nicely, and a floral scent is infused in the product. Chanel's skin care merchandise are known to have a lot of perfume put into their products, which can cause a negative reaction to sensitive skin. Chanel describes it as "A rinse-off foaming mousse cleanser and makeup remover for normal-to-combination skin with the de-polluting power of Tulip Tree Extract and the emollient properties of Mallow Extract. It gently purifies while respecting skin's eco-balance, with moisturizing effects." The price of this wash is quite expensive compared to others. It does not clear intense breakouts because the wash is formulated to be gentle on your face. If you are looking for a daily face wash to remove the remnants of your day, this is a good buy. I do not know if I would purchase this again because of the price, but if you are willing to splurge, go for it!

Face Brush
Shiseido The Skin Care Cleansing Massage Brush
Company: Shiseido
Where to buy: Sephora, any Shiseido counter
Price: $25.00

This face brush is heavenly! I apply dots of my cleanser to my face then rub it in with this brush! It works as an exfoliator but still feels extremely soft on my face! Sephora has a similar one for less money but I prefer Shiseido brand. A face brush is great to use for a deeper cleanse and to clear up pores.










Moisturizer 
Precision Chanel Beaute Initiale
Energizing Mulit-Protection Fluid SPF 15

Net Weight: 1.7 FL OZ
Company: Chanel
Where to buy: Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Chanel
Price: $75.00

I bought this lotion to match the cleanser! Before purchasing, I had very dead skin that needed some perking up! This moisturizer energizes and brightens my skin! Ingredients are "Ginger PFA*, combined with vitamins and minerals, helps protect skin from signs of age while energizing tired skin. It keeps it looking fresh, soft and comfortable, as it visibly boosts radiance, vitality and overall well-being. Special powders absorb shine for a matte finish. Protecting against premature aging that may result from UV exposure: broad-spectrum SPF 15." I love that there is SPF, because I am in the sun often during the day. It is not very hydrating due to the light formula. I do not think this is worth $75, but if you are willing to spend that kind of money, go ahead! It does work well on my skin. 



I know you are wondering where the toner is in this post! I actually do not use one! I never really understood what the point was of it, but do care to change my opinion! Anyways in the order that the items are listed, that is how I do my skincare routine every night! I do not use face wash in the morning for some odd reason, maybe I will try and see the results! Thanks for reading, please follow and comment below on what you think! XO

1 comment:

  1. Great recommendations...we like the way you roll! Just found your blog via Beautylish & we are going to click to "follow." We think you'd really enjoy our blog too, so pop over & return the love if you'd like! We'd be so grateful!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete