Pages

6.30.2011

SIMPLE Smokey Eyes

Smokey Eyes By Dreamingofbeautyx



Hey readers! Back again with another tutorial, hope you enjoy! In this tutorial, I created a simple smokey look using only TWO EYESHADOWS and a liquid eyeliner. I think that it turned out great and I hope you do too.


First Step: Prime your eyes with MAC's Paint Pot in "Painterly". Blend it all over your lid and brow bone.
Second: Take a shimmery champagne shade and lightly put it in your inner corners and under your brow. It will slightly transfer onto the matte black eyeshadow you will be using in the next step. I used a pencil brush and Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in "Sin" for this step.
Third: Apply a matte brown/black shade all over your lid! Blend heavily and keep building up the product to your liking. I brought the dark brown out towards my brow's end, creating a smokey cat effect. Blending is the most significant step because if creates a dimensional look instead of the look of one eyeshadow slapped sloppily onto your lids. I used Bobbi Brown's Eyeshadow in "Espresso".
Fourth: Bring the eyeshadow onto your lower lash line! Only halfway though! 
Fifth: Use a liquid liner and create a thick wing! Click HERE to read my post about how to create winged eyeliner :)
Sixth: If you wish to add a blush and lip color, go simple! The eyes are quite heavy, so try to keep it light. I used MAC's "Melba" Blush and Benefit's "Life on The A List" Gloss


Thanks for reading guys! I really hope you thought this was helpful, because smokey eyes can be difficult at times! Please follow and comment what you think! Love you guys xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment