Pages

6.29.2011

Review: Moroccan Oil Salon Hair Care! :)


Hi guys! I've wanted to do a blog post on this brand for quite a while now, so I finally got off my butt and decided to do a full review! MOROCCANOIL strictly creates hair treatments and styling products to promote healthy, shiny hair. Over the past few months, I have tried some of their products that I love! MOROCCANOIL is considered a high end company that sells its products prominently in salons. Argan Oil is the highlighted ingredient infused in all of the MOROCCANOIL hair products. It is known to hydrate and restore damaged hair. Listed below are products that I have tried! All opinions are my own. 

KEEP READING TO SEE MY VIEWS



Original MOROCCANOIL Oil Treatment ($40-45)
This is absolutely wonderful! This oil treatment is one of the most hydrating products I have ever put into my hair! Now, do not be reluctant to try this out because of your fear of a "greasy residue." MOROCCANOIL has mastered the art of intense hydration without greasing one's hair up. I am one of the people that has dry skin and hair. Literally, my legs have scales on them... After using one pump and evenly distributing it through the lower half of my hair, it feels INSTANTLY softer. I swear by this product!! You are supposed to use a pearl-sized amount so I do confess to overusing the product. Also, make sure to use some product before you put the pump in because it is filled to the brim and will overflow. Kinda random, but I made the mistake of spilling much needed product on my bathroom counter! Back to the point, MOROCCANOIL oil treatment has acted as a savior towards my hair, and I am ecstatic to say that I own this product!

Grade: A



PROS:

  • Hydrating 
  • Instant results
  • Amazing packaging (robin blue for the win!)
  • Best scent of my life
  • Alternative sizes (small: $16, large: $40)
  • Comes with a pump
CONS:
  • Hydration fades (maybe just me because of my dragon skin?)
  • Can be messy
  • Sometimes soaks into hands, not hair
Just a little side note: It says to use in damp hair but applying to dry hair works too! (I've tried it :D)

MOROCCANOIL Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner ($40)

I am not too impressed with this duo. One day at my friend's house, I used her product in my hair. I was impressed with its formulation (no parabens, sulfates, etc.), but the ending results were nothing special. It did not have the distinct oil smell which I love, and the hydration was not amazing. For $40, I would skip this and buy a backup of the oil treatment instead! 

Grade: B-










Pros: 
  • Hydrates
  • Beautiful packaging
  • Good consistency 
Cons:
  • Small size
  • Expensive
  • No life-changing results
MOROCCANOIL Intense Hydrating Mask ($25-35)




Awesome product! I leave this on my hair for about 15 minutes or until it hardens then rinse it off! It makes my hair very manageable as it is supposed to do, so I am quite satisfied. It is expensive, so I do not know if I would purchase this again without trying some cheaper alternatives.


Grade: A-








Pros:

  • Plenty of Product
  • Smells Good
  • Hydrating 
Cons:
  • Difficult to open with wet hands
  • Expensive

I hope this review was helpful! MOROCCANOIL has many other products available with their brand. Visit moroccanoil.com for more information. Please follow and comment on what you think of this post!

**If you are a company interested in contacting me, email me at dreamingofbeautyx@gmail.com. thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment