Pages

12.24.2011

Tutorial: Christmas Cheer! {Products, Directions, Pictures}

Hey everyone! In this tutorial, I thought I would do a classic holiday eyeshadow tutorial with gold eyeshadow and red lips! I used a beautiful golden eyeshadow on my eye lid and then added a thick winged line to give a pin-up feel. In order to make the look more winter appropriate, I smoked out my lower lash line with a sultry brown cream eyeshadow. I really enjoyed this look, I hope you do to! Keep reading for directions and the listed products.


Products Used: 
Eyes:
Lips:
  • Chanel's Rouge Coco Lipstick in "Unique"

Directions: 
  1. Prime your eyes! Make sure to do your lower lash line as well! This well help your eyeshadows appear more concentrated and have a longer longevity. 
  2. Apply a golden champagne base. I used MAC's "Bare Study" because the formula is amazing and works really well as a base. 
  3. Use a yellow toned eyeshadow all over your eyelid. I used my Stila eyeshadow because it is almost a true yellow. This will boost your gold eyeshadow and bring out the highlights within it! 
  4. Now pack your golden eyeshadow onto your eyelid. I used a flat shader brush to really bring out the pigmentation within!
  5. Take a carbon black eyeliner and make a dramatic thick line that progressively thickens as it goes to your outer corner. Then proceed to create a wing to give a classic pin-up and youthful look. 
  6. In order to smoke out the look, apply a brown eyeliner pencil to your lower lash line. As it is extended, thicken it towards the outer corner and connect it to your black wing! I wanted to add some shine so I took the darkest brown eye color from my Revlon Cream Eyeshadow palette and added it on top of the eyeliner with an ELF concealer brush. 
  7. Apply mascara to your bottom and upper lashes. 
  8. I didn't use any products on my face except concealer! You can put a baby pink blush to soften your face if you wish. 
  9. Apply a plum or cherry lipstick. I used my new Chanel one named "Unique"! It's the perfect mix of shine and sheerness that is age appropriate and lovely for the holidays. 


Thank you so much for reading! If you enjoyed this tutorial please follow and comment below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment