Pages

4.21.2011

Starry Eyed Edgy Look

Hey readers! I created this look to wear for a night out at a party or fancy dinner. This is a smokey eye that includes grey and charcoal tones. I hope you enjoy! Products and duplicates will be listed below.





Prime your eyes. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion ($18) all over my lid, crease, brow bone, and inner corner. Then, I used a flat shader brush and put Benefit Eyeshadow in Peachy Sheen just on my lid. This color is used as a base to add a subtle glow under the gray/silver color I will be putting over.



Then, I patted Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Gunmetal ($17) over the pink glow using the other side of the flat shader brush. Gunmetal is a shimmery grey with plenty of pigment! 




Using a MAC 219 pencil brush, I took a black eye shadow by Urban Decay in the color Creep from my Urban Decay Naked Palette ($48). It is a black color with silver glitter in it. I took the color and spread it in my crease and outer "V" of my eye. I brought it onto my lash line as well. Because this brush is quite stiff, I made sure to blend the edges well with a Bobbi Brown Essentials Blending Brush. I then put the Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin ($17) on my brow bone as well as touched up the silver on my lid with the L.A Girl Diamond Eyeshadow in the color Spotlight ($1.99).



To give an edgy touch, I lined my upper lash line with a soft kohl eyeliner by Sephora in Black ($9). I used a kohl pencil to give a smokey effect. Then I smudged it out with the color Creep again and bring it up onto my lid.


I lined my eyes with the same kohl eyeliner, and then curled and applied mascara to my lashes!



On my lips are Bobbi Brown Lip Color ($22) in the shade "Blush" and a Benefit Gloss in "Life on the A List"($18). I used a nude lip because of the intense eyes and no blush so the focus could be on the smokiness of the look.


Duplicate Products:

NYX Eyeshadow Base in "Skin Tone" ($6)
NYX Trio Eyeshadow in "Ceramic" ($8)
MARK Mini Mark It Stick Hook Up Stick for Eyes in Color "Shell" ($6)
Revlon Luxurious Kohl Eyeliner in Black Truffle ($8-10)
Revlon Matte Lipstick in "Nude Attitude" ($6)
Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in "Crystal Lilac" ($6-8)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing web site good article.
    Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete